Thing 5 (little things)
What Are The Five Things That Make You Most Happy Right Now?
First of all, I am so excited that one of my favorite girls in the world, Jordan, who I've known pretty much forever, has taken on the Thirty Things challenge on her blog, A Poet's Prose. Be sure to check it out! :)
Now, Thing Five. So I've realized that there are two directions in which I could take this post. What makes me happy? I could write about BIG THINGS , how much I love my husband, how grateful I am for my relationship with God and write a short novel about His incredible grace...or I could write about some LITTLE THINGS and tell you about the silly knick-knacks and products that have been bringing a smile to my face recently. Usually, I'd opt for the prior but if you've been reading my blog you already know that....AND if you've taken a look at the next few Thirty Things prompts, you know that I won't have the option to keep it light in the next few posts. So I choose to write about little things! Here we go!
1. My Phone Case! About two weeks before Christmas my amazing best friends from high school and I decided we would all order this beautiful tassel phone case from Jagger Edge. Naturally, the lovelies all bailed and I'm the only one who actually purchased it. But the case is so cute, I can't even be mad. While my friends and family laugh at how very "me" it is, in this case "Kayci" is synonymous with "obnoxious", strangers are constantly approaching me to compliment it and ask where they can buy their own. I love that when I have my phone in the back pocket of my jeans, there's the little tassel hanging out. Honestly, the cases are not the highest of quality and don't provide heavy protection, I had a Life Proof case before so perhaps my protection standards are just a tad too high, but it makes me so happy every time I pick up my phone!
2. Rock Solid. I have horrible finger nails. They are weak and brittle and break pretty constantly or, at least, they were. Last month I started using Essie's nail hardening polish, Rock Solid, and have actually been able to grow my nails out a bit. To anyone else who has struggled with horrible nails, you understand the happiness that a product that actually works can bring
3. Chartruese! The color. I'm a bit obsessed. In the past ten days I have purchased a dress, a sweater and a hat and I'm just getting started. I'm trying to keep the addicted reigned in, but how could you be anything but happy while wearing/looking at this color!?
4. Glitter and Gold. I've always loved tea but ever since last Christmas when my dad gifted me the most wonderful tea strainer I've become a true connoisseur of loose leaf teas. If you are a fan of loose leaf teas, it's only a matter of time until you find yourself frequenting the DAVIDsTEA closest to you. During my last visit, I picked up this tea called Glitter and Gold. It's a dark Chinese black tea flavored with orange peels, vanilla, cinnamon and gold and silver sugar crystals. It's glorious. Love in a mug.
5. Being silly with three of my favorites! Bringing it home to the high school besties that I talked about in my first happy thing, I love these girls so much. In the three years since graduating from our tiny little arts high school, WOAH, the four of us have always been spread out over three or four different cities. Going from seeing each other six times a week, to now being lucky if we get the four of us in the same room a few times a year has definitely changed the nature of our friendship. Thankfully, it hasn't altered the spirit of our bond. I love looking through our group imessages, filled with love and senseless laughter, and knowing that these girls will always have my back. What's happier than that?